The Civil Litigation Division consists of a Deputy Attorney General and 8 Assistant Attorneys General.
- Civil lawsuits filed by or against the State, including: constitutional and other challenges to state statutes, regulations, and activities; enforcement of the natural resource and environmental laws of the State; disputes of civil and criminal jurisdiction over Native Americans or the status of lands.
- Specialized legal counsel to state agencies and officials in water, mining, environmental, financial, agricultural, natural resource and Indian jurisdiction law.
- Attorney General Official Opinions and Ballot Explanations.
- Administrative licensing actions, including environmental permitting and surety and license revocations.
- Enforcement of the tobacco Master Settlement Agreement and tobacco escrow statutes.