FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
CONTACT: Sara Rabern (605) 773-3215
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota fraud fighting partners have come together to offer a free webinar about fighting consumer fraud and identity theft in South Dakota on Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (CST).
Participants will learn about the top scams reported in South Dakota, tips for identifying the latest scams, how to avoid and recover from identity theft, and free resources to help their community.
Agencies who will be presenting during the webinar include the following:
- Todd Kossow, FTC Midwest Regional Office
- Jody Gillaspie, Office of the South Dakota Attorney General
- Kevin Koliner, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of South Dakota
- Jessie Schmidt, Better Business Bureau Serving Nebraska, South Dakota, the Kansas Plains & SW Iowa
- Gloria Baca, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Caitlin Christensen, Senior Medicare Patrol of South Dakota
To participate in the webinar, individuals may:
1. Join the webinar online, Fighting Consumer Fraud and Identity Theft in South Dakota. (The link will activate a few minutes before the webinar starts.)
2. Call in to listen to the webinar at (800)230-1085 and enter code 457121
3. Or access the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection website webinar banner.