Attorney General Larry Long Provides Consumer Shopping Tips
PIERRE, S.D. – Attorney General Larry Long is encouraging holiday shoppers to know their rights this holiday season. Long warns that during the busiest season of the year it is especially important to be familiar with refund and return polices because most retail stores have very different refund polices. If you do not see a policy listed you should ask specific questions about it.
Tips on Christmas Shopping:
• Check the refund and return policy
• Read the fine print
• Double check delivery dates
• Review warranties
• Compare prices
• Know who you are dealing with if you shop by mail or on the internet
• Check shipping and handling fees if shopping by mail or on the internet
• Keep receipts or website confirmation printouts.
If you are not satisfied with your shopping experience, you are encouraged to contact the retailer you are dissatisfied with.
If you have any additional questions, contact the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Office at 1-800-300-1986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.