The South Dakota Law Enforcement Training Academy will hold a ceremony for the graduating officers of the D.A.R.E. training program. Graduates of the course are certified to teach Drug Abuse Resistance Education in South Dakota schools.
The officers being recognized represent agencies from across the state.
Chief Deputy Attorney General Larry Long will be the keynote speaker.
What: D.A.R.E. officer graduation
Where: Holiday Inn Express, Ft. Pierre
When: May 3, 2002 at
Contact: Kevin Thom, 773-3215
- D.A.R.E. stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education.
- D.A.R.E. is an international program. Over 40 nations have active D.A.R.E. programs.
- Last year 230 South Dakota schools had D.A.R.E. programs allowing it to reach over 13,700 kids.
- There are 157 certified D.A.R.E. officers in the state.
- The D.A.R.E. program has been active in South Dakota since 1988.